I stumbled upon this blog post by Ann Voskamp and have been smitten by her simple, warm, worshipful writing. She has been compiling a list of endless gifts for two years now. Since it is the new year, I thought we might join her!
Part of a prayerful, worshipful life is being thankful for all that He has bestowed upon us. How much time do you spend reflecting on all that is good in your life? Too often our minds dwell on the negative...and our words and actions reflect those dark thoughts as well.
So we begin the new year, with a new list...of what we are grateful for...
A Thousand Endless Gifts!
1. crazy colored cozy socks
2. swinging in the hammock while reading a favorite book
3. the way Jeff says my name
4. playful puppy dogs
5. sleepy puppy dogs
6. Mae's sweet voice singing thru the darkness from the back of the truck
7. Mac's steady, reasurring presence
8. listening to the little one learning new words
9. my old NASB Bible, pages worn with tears and hope from the very beginning until now
10. Celebrating the New Year with dear friends
Happy New Year, dear friends.